Block styleswitcher

Block form

  • Increase Text Size
  • Decrease Text Size
  • Normal Text Size

Block 9

Email

Select Language

Statutory Undertaking of Punjab Government, Department of Social Justice, Empowerment and Minorities

Lending and Training Programmes

Block main

LENDING AND TRAINING PROGRAMMES OF BACKFINCO

1. DIRECT LOANING SCHEME:

                 Backfinco advances loans to the members of the notified Backward Classes/ Economically Weaker Section out of Authorized Capital under Direct Lending Scheme at interest rate of 6% p.a. whose annual family income from all sources is less than Rs. 100000/- in rural areas and urban areas.           

2. SCHEMES FOR THE WELFARE OF BACKWARD CLASSES

 NBCFDC SCHEMES  

               Govt. of India set up National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC)  in   the   year  1992  for implementing  Self-Employment   schemes   through   State Backward Classes Corporations.  As per the Financing Pattern, 85% of the project cost as term loan is provided by NBCFDC, 10% is contributed by Backfinco out of Margin Money provided by the State Govt. and the remaining 5% is contributed by the beneficiary. NBCFDC provides Term Loan under following schemes:-

A)        Term Loan Scheme

i)     General Loan Scheme: -Under this scheme, loan assistance is available for various income generating activites in various sectors such as Agriculture and Allied Sector, Small Business/Artisan & Traditional Sector and Transport & Service Sector. NBCFDC provides term loan upto Rs. 5.00 Lac @ 3% p.a and Backfinco further advances @ 6% p.a.

ii)   New Swarnime Scheme: -Under this scheme, loan assistance is available for women of Backward Classes to inculcate the spirit of self-reliance among them. NBCFDC provides upto 95% of the project cost and remaining 5% is contributed by Backfinco out of Margin Money provided by the State Govt. The maximum loan limit per beneficiary is Rs. 2.00 Lac at an interest rate of 5% p.a.

iii)     Education Loan Scheme: -Under this scheme, loan assistance is available to the students of Backward Classes. The applicant should have obtained admission fro any professional or technical courses approved by appropriate agency such as AICTE, Medical Council of India, UGC etc. In a duly accredited/recognized institute and have minimum 50% marks in qualifying exam. Loans are given upto 90% of the course fees for studies in India and upto 85% of the course fees for studies outside India. Maximum loan limit per student for technical & professional courses in india is Rs. 10.00 Lac and Rs. 20.00 lac for studying abroad at an interest rate of 4% p.a. (3.5% p.a. for girl student). Repayment period shall commence in six months after completion of the course (18 months in case of medical courses).

B)        Micro Finance Scheme

i)         Micro Finance Scheme: -Under this scheme, loan assistance is available to Self Help Groups (SHGs) to provide credit facilities for the target group especially for mixed group beneficiaries. Loans are given upto 90% of the project cost. Maximum loan limit per Group is Rs. 15.00 lac and loan per beneficiary in SHG is Rs. 1.00 lac at an interest rate of 5% p.a. Under this scheme repayment period is 4 years.

ii)       Mahila Samridhi Yojana: -Under this scheme, loan assistance is available to Self Help Groups (SHGs) to provide credit facilities for the target group especially for women beneficiaries. Loans are given upto 95% of the project cost. Maximum loan limit per Group is Rs. 15.00 lac and loan per beneficiary in SHG is Rs. 1.00 lac at an interest rate of 4% p.a. Under this scheme repayment period is 4 years.

3. SCHEMES FOR THE WELFARE OF MINORITY COMMUNITIES

 NMDFC SCHEMES

            Govt. of India set up National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) in September 1994 for economic uplift of five notified minorities i.e. Sikhs, Christians, Muslims, Parsis and Budhists. On dated 27.1.2014 Ministry of Minority Affairs GOI also included Jain Community in Minority Communities. Besides this Punjab Government, Home Affairs and Justice Department (Minority Cell/Civil Defense Branch) also included Jain community into Minority community. In this way instead of 5 communities, now 6 Minority Communities i..e.  Sikhs, Christians, Muslims, Parsis, Budhists and Jainies are notified as Minority Communities. As per 2001 Census figures, the Minority Population in Punjab is 62.91%. State Govt. nominated Backfinco as Nodal Agency to implement schemes in collaboration with NMDFC.  Under NMDFC scheme the following schemes are being implemented by Backfinco:-

 i.Term Loan Scheme 

              As per revised Lending Policy of NMDFC w.e.f. 1.4.2013, 90% of the project cost as term loan is provided by NMDFC, 5% by State Govt. /SCA as Margin Money and 5% by the beneficiary. NMDFC provides Term Loan to Backfinco at interest rate of 3% upto 10 Lacs and Backfinco further advances loan at 5% p.a upto  Rs. 50000/- and at 6% upto Rs. 10 Lacs.

ii. Education Loan Scheme

               NMDFC provides loans under Education Loan Scheme for the candidates belonging to Minority Communities for pursuing Short Term High Skill Development Courses,  Professional and job oriented Degree Courses and for Post Graduate Courses at interest rate of 1% and Backfinco further advances loans to the beneficiaries at interest rate of 3-8% p.a. The maximum loan limit is Rs. 20 Lacs in India and Rs. 30 Lacs for studies in abroad (Foreign Country). The loan is repaid in 5 years (six month after the completion of study or getting job whichever is earlier).

iii Micro Finance  Scheme

                  NMDFC also provides loans under Micro Finance Scheme belonging to Minority Communities.  Loan upto Rs. 50000/- at 6% interest is advanced to the per member of SHG for setting up any Self Employment Venture.

iii. Mahila Samridhi Yojna Scheme

                  NMDFC also provides loans under Mahila Samridhi Yojna Scheme for women belonging to Minority Communities.  Loan upto Rs. 25000/- at 4% interest is advanced to the individual for setting up any Self Employment Venture.   

iv. Vocational Training Programmes

                 BACKFINCO has imparted training in technical trades for Minorities in collaboration with NMDFC to develop their skills and knowledge with a view to make them competent for wage employment or self employment. The applicant should have annual family income of less than Rs.81000/- in rural areas and upto Rs.1,03,000/- in urban areas to obtain loan and belong to Minority Community. The age should be between 18 to 35 years.  Under this scheme the duration of training programme is six months.  90% of the training cost is met by NMDFC as grant  and  remaining 10% is borne by the SCA/ beneficiary. Apart from this NMDFC also provides Rs. 1000/- per month stipend allowance to the beneficiaries.The corporation had successfully run the training programmes through NSIC, Rajpura, Centre of National Small Industries Corporation Government of India Undertaking, ATDC, (Apparel Training & Design Centre) Ludhiana and Sant Isher Singh I.T.C. Sanour District Patiala. Under this scheme, Backfinco provided training to 1066 beneficiaries belonging to Minority Communities, upto 31.3.2014. NMDFC informed vide their letter dated 12.4.2015 that from the current financial year 2015-16 no allocations would be made under the Vocational Training Scheme of NMDFC.